But OMG every day it gets more and more soapboxy. I'm really getting fed up with it.
Yes, yes, I know, everyone's allowed to post whatever the hell they want on FB. But I'm sick of being bombarded with people's political, religious, parenting, and conspiracy views ALL THE DAMNED TIME.
I swear when I first got on there it was mostly people sharing web related stuff and posting pics of their kids. Telling funny short stories and relating basic ideas of what they are doing in their lives. Now apparently no one just LIVES any more they march around with signs screaming about pet issues.
Don't get me wrong, i've used it for pet issues occasionally too. BUT I swear to god some people spend precious hours of their life LOOKING for more shit to post about their pet issues. Now I expect that from the couple of anarcho-paranoid friends I have. Sure, they think the whole world is out to get them and enslave them or whatever so they go looking for more evidence of that. But in the last six months I've also had to "hide" the posts of people who
- post incessantly about their DOG (including videos of his "first real bark!!")
- brag about how nasty they treated someone based on their looks (they did this CONSTANTLY)
- talk about being violent against political opponents
- post nothing but zen-ish "serenity" crap and then get offended if I point out that its unrealistic advice
- find news articles about racism no matter how unsubtantiated, dated or otherwise suspect (not to mention trivial. and yes, posting about some lone 80yr old racist man who sneered at someone in church even though the rest of the WHOLE TOWN repudiates that one man is IMHO trivial. Yes, racism exists. I know there are still racist people around, especially in deep south. No shit sherlock)
- post about the ONE TRUE PARENTING (that includes the ONE TRUE PREGNANCY and the ONE TRUE CHILDBIRTH)
- post about the ONE TRUE DIET
- post about how "evil" some methodology or philosophy is when they obviously don't know ANYTHING about said
- post about the ONE TRUE VIEWPOINT on the disabled
yes, I'm done with all that.